Sunday, May 10, 2015

Cinnamon French Toast Sticks Recipe

Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day!


I absolutely believe that it's the most important meal of the day. Plus, breakfast meals are my favorite - pancakes, bacon, french toast - name it! I also love how creative you could be with it. So making your breakfast pretty AND delicious = baking a delicious cake and decorating it (which is my favorite part of making a cake)!

I've been the one who introduced French Toast to my family when I stumbled upon a recipe from an all-purpose cream carton. I was able to perfect it once or twice, but I wasn't able to keep the recipe. And whenever I'm going to recreate it, I keep on forgetting the ingredients and its proportions. But recently, I've been pinning different French Toast ideas on Pinterest. So seeing that there was stale bread available at home, I immediately thought of this.

Ingredients:
6 slices of bread (preferably stale)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla
For cooking: butter or margarine
For serving: Maple syrup (or any choice of dip)

Instructions:
  1. Cut each bread into 4 slices. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
  3. Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Melt butter or margarine on the pan.
  4. After step 3, immediately coat bread slices with the batter, shake off excess, and place immediately on the pan to avoid the butter from burning. Cook a single layer of coated bread sticks that can fit in your pan, but do not overcrowd it.
  5. Cook until one side is golden brown. Flip the bread, and achieve the same golden brown color on all sides.
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 until all bread sticks are cooked.
  7. Serve immediately with your syrup or dip of choice.
Recipe from Just a Taste.


Don't limit yourself to eating French Toast for breakfast only - you can make these for snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Share them with me!